If you know what first-class service looks like, don’t waste a second – apply for this job now!
What We Do
Wise Living is an exciting and rapidly growing business, which provides high-quality, purpose- built housing for the private rental market.
Our aim is to revolutionise the private rental sector by challenging existing standards, creating, and nurturing communities and, ultimately driving better living standards for our customers and tenants with an ambition to deliver 2,000 new homes each year.
We offer our institutional investor clients a one stop service under one roof covering all parts of the process from site identification and development through to letting, management and maintenance of the properties.
Your life as a Property Manager
You’ll look after a portfolio of rental properties, enjoying being your efficient, accurate self when it comes to the administrative support you’ll provide to the management team, clients, tenants and suppliers. As well as getting your head round property management policies, procedures, regulations, and systems, you’ll also be busy getting things done as you respond to the day-to-day needs of landlords and tenants. Alongside doing things thoughtfully in a way that hits the spot for customers every time, you’ll also develop the habit of spotting opportunities to do some things better. You’ll be encouraged by your Team Leader to put your ideas for improvements forward, so they can add value for clients and Wise – not to mention boost your own job satisfaction.
What you’ll do
- Manage a portfolio of rental properties to a high standard.
- Build open and positive relationships with clients.
- Onboard new clients and property portfolios
- Add new landlords, properties, tenants and tenancies to our property management system.
- Be alive to what you can do to help your team meet its KPIs wherever possible.
- Manage the maintenance of rental properties in line with legal requirements.
- Ensure hard and soft copy data and emails are effectively managed and that the property management system is always up to date.
- Deal with landlords’ and tenants’ queries verbally and in writing
- Manage the registration and release of tenancy deposits.
- Manage the portfolio’s arrears levels and credit control procedures, taking steps to meet agreed targets and understand reasons for variations.
- Keep landlords updated about issues relating to the management of their properties.
- Apply our policies and procedures consistently and comprehensively.
- Keep key information in house systems accurate and updated.
- Keep Tenants in the loop about issues relating to their property and tenancy.
Who we’re looking for.
We want to find a self-starter with property lettings and management experience who likes to work in a fast-paced world where they can take responsibility and get things done and who has:
- 12 months experience in a customer-facing role.
- A good standard of education with strong numeracy and literacy skills
- The clear thinking and confidence to influence others and make sound business decisions.
- Experience in managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- The kind of flexible, positive attitude that makes for excellent service and teamwork.
- The ability to communicate clearly and confidently in writing and verbally.
- Great, consistent attention to detail of the kind legal documents demand
- A desire to develop astonishingly good customer service skills.
- The ability to manage their workload, prioritise tasks and use time productively.
- A natural capacity to use their initiative, solve problems and fix things.
- A willingness to learn and develop their skills and knowledge.
- Eligibility to work in the UK and everything it takes to complete pre- employment screening successfully.
And, ideally, but not vitally:
- Experience in a property lettings or management role
- Some experience of using property management systems
- An ARLA qualification – or working towards one
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From £21,255.00 per year
- Company pension
- Free flu jabs
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Store discount
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Quarterly bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chilwell: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Property Management: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (required)
- Driving Licence (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Chilwell
How to apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in the role. If you require any reasonable adjustments for any part of the recruitment process, please let our HR team know within your email.